SCV Logo

We can help identify your Confederate ancestor

Membership in Sons of Confederate Veterans is limited to male lineal or collateral descendants of those who served honorably in the Confederate armed forces. Your kinship must be documented genealogically. See eligibility requirements here, or use the Genealogy page at to contact our network of genealogists. Officers at the local Camps will also help with the process of documentation.

Membership dues include the total of International, Division, and Camp dues. Currently, IHQ dues are $30.00 + $5.00 recording fee (both waived if becoming a Life Member). Division and Camp dues vary, so please contact your local Camp for the exact amount. If you need help in locating a local Camp, use our Camp Locator

The Application form, along with a detailed genealogy describing your relationship to the veteran, and proof of his service, should be submitted to the Camp, not to IHQ. Acceptance of new members is done at the Camp level only.

Please be sure you have spelled the name of the Camp correctly, and have the correct Camp number for the form, so it does not have to be returned from IHQ. To locate a Camp, go here.

Need Help? If you are having trouble finding or contacting your local Camp, or would like personal attention in filling out the online application, please call 1-800-MY-SOUTH to speak to our Membership Coordinator or to one of our Army secretaries. They can also mail a paper application to you and answer any of your questions about the Sons of Confederate Veterans. We ask for your contact information in case there are network issues in opening the online application.